Advanced Web Development
A 3-day course that will cover advanced web development. To book on to this course please email us at email@example.com
An introductory understanding of the JAVA programming language and of the basic use of HTML (HyperText Markup Language). Must be a registered member (free) of Project Evolve. More details available on our website.
- An understanding of contemporary Web-based information systems development processes
- An introduction to the principal W3C and Java-based technologies for accessible, standards-compliant Web page construction
- A detailed examination of the facilities required to provide support for e-Commerce or organisational systems
- Introduction to the concept of the Web as an information system or collection of information systems
- Coverage of the principle Java-based technologies for Web site construction
- Introduction to and use of appropriate tools in Web site construction
- Web site design and accessibility issues, e-Commerce issues
- Further skills development, alternative programming paths and multi-site development opportunities
Format of the Course
The course will start at 9:30am and finish at 5.00pm each day. The mornings are devoted to lectures on aspects of web programming. The afternoons are divided into two practical laboratory classes, where theory learnt in the morning session will be implemented.
Number of Participants
Who should attend?
Graduates or professionally qualified individuals who interested in a career change into the web programming sector.
Extensive experience in developing and running courses on many aspects of ‘traditional’ information systems development led to investigation of the requirements for Web-based systems, especially those involving e-Commerce. This resulted in the continuing development and running of advanced Undergraduate and Masters modules in the subject areas.
Tuesday 7th - Thursday 9th September 2010