Appointing and Managing Overseas Agents and Distributors
This full day course covers the vital area of Agency and Distribution. It examines the differences, where each may be appropriate, EU Legislation, finding, appointing and motivating your partners. It also highlights the pitfalls and potential costs of getting it wrong.
- Different types of agents and their roles
- The roles of Distributors
- How to find Agents and Distributors
- What to look for - 3 stages
- Sources of help, checklists, assessments
- Legal issues - the EU Commercial Agents Directive and implications, EU Competition law.
- Motivation of Agents and Distributors - Cultural issues
- Changing and Agent of Distributor
- Costs/Compensation problems
- Minimising legal costs -
- Sample agreements
- Memorandum of Understanding
To book your place please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tel. 01603 729706
Lunch will be provided—please advise of any special dietary requirements
Delegates will have an invaluable set of handouts and checklists. They will be aware of the possible legal pitfalls and how they may be able to avoid them. They will understand the various types of partner organisations, how to find them and how to use motivational techniques that have proved successful. They will also learn some cultural faux pas to avoid at all costs.