BTEC First in Business & Retail
This is ideal if you are interested in careers in business and commerce such as, office administration, marketing, human resources or retail. Or if you are already working in retail, maybe on a part-time basis, and you would like to develop qualifications to progress in your career.
4 GCSEs at grade D or above or other Level 1 qualification preferably at merit.
The course covers three main topics:
• Exploring business purpose
• Developing customer relations
• Investigating financial control
You will study 4 core units:
• Business Purpose
• Business Organisations
• Financial Forecasting for Business
• People in Organisations
You will also study specialist units from:
• Personal Selling in Business
• Customer Relations in Business
• Consumer Rights, Promoting and Branding in Retail Business
• Visual Merchandising
• Display Techniques for Retail Business
You will also study three specialist modules from a range of business-related subject areas.
Once you have finished this course, you may choose to move on to the BTEC National in Business or a business/retail related Apprenticeship. Alternatively, you may like to use the skills and knowledge from this course to start your business career at a junior level, for example, in an office environment or in retail, for example as a store supervisor or senior sales assistant.