BTEC First in Engineering
This course is for you if you want to work in engineering maintenance or manufacture, apply for an Apprenticeship or go on to an advanced level course in engineering.
4 GCSEs at grade D or above or other Level 1 qualification preferably at merit including grade D in maths and science.
• Working practices in engineering
• Using and interpreting engineering information
• Applied electrical and mechanical science for technicians
• Mathematics for engineering technicians
• Using CAD drawing techniques in engineering
• Selecting and using secondary machining techniques to remove material
• Engineering marking out
• Electronic circuit construction and testing
The optional modules are chosen by the College to reflect the needs of local employers.
This course will help you to apply for a variety of engineering qualifications such as BTEC Nationals, an Apprenticeship programme or go into employment at technician level.